NEET PG 2022: Application Dates, Steps, and Eligibility Criteria
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test—Post Graduate or NEET-PG is a test conducted at the national level. Candidates take this exam to get admission in various medical programmes at India’s top medical colleges. MBBS graduates can apply and sit for the NEET-PG exam to get admission to a variety of courses, including PG Diploma courses, Post MBBS DNB MS, MD, and NBE Diploma courses. The exam is conducted by the National Board of Examinations, which is the governing body. Every candidate who qualifies this examination is eligible for admission to any medical programme or course in the country, including All India quota seats, state quota seats, private medical institutions, colleges, and universities. This article covers all the necessary information regarding NEET PG 2022, including important dates, how to fill the application form, application fees, and eligibility criteria.
NEET-PG 2022 Application Dates
NEET-PG 2022 was initially scheduled to be held on 12th March 2022. Under the advisory of the Ministry of Health and Family Affairs, the exam has been rescheduled to be conducted on 21st May 2022. Below are some more important dates regarding NEET-PG 2022 application.
- The NEET-PG application forms can only be filled out online. Candidates can fill out their application forms from 15th January 2022 to 25th March 2022, which is the application deadline.
- Candidates can rectify any errors in their NEET-PG application forms between 27th March 2022 and 7th April 2022. The deadline for correcting any information is 26th April 2022–30th April 2022.
- The admit cards for the NEET-PG examination will be issued on 16th May 2022.
- The examination will be conducted on 21st May 2022.
- The results of the examination will be announced on 20th June 2022.
NEET-PG 2022 Application Form—Steps and Instructions
As mentioned before, the NEET-PG application forms can only be accessed online, and candidates must fill up the forms on the official website. Here are the steps that candidates must follow to complete their NEET-PG application forms successfully.
- Step 1: Candidates would need to register themselves on the official website, which will need them to generate an Application/User ID and a unique password. To register and generate their User ID, candidates must enter their valid email address and phone number. All communication would be done through them.
- Step 2: After registration, candidates will need to log in and complete their application form. That would include entering all the relevant personal details and uploading scanned documents, photographs, and a signature.
- Step 3: After completing the application form, candidates will be asked to choose a city where they would like to attempt the examination.
- Step 4: Candidates must then submit the application form and pay the fees. The application fees must be paid online and cannot be accessed offline. Payments can be made via credit/debit card, net banking, and other methods.
- Step 5: Most importantly, candidates must print out their application forms and fee receipt for future reference.
The NEET-PG application fee for all candidates belonging to the General/EWS and OBC categories is INR 4250. For all applicants in the PwD/ST/SC categories, the application cost is INR 3250.
Check complete NEET PG Application process here at https://www.shiksha.com/medicine-health-sciences/neet-pg-exam-application-form
NEET-PG 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Each candidate needs to fulfil the eligibility criteria teria as follows:
- Candidates must either have their MBBS Degree or at least a provisional MBBS pass certificate, according to the provisions laid down by the NMC Act 2019 and the now-repealed Indian Medical Council Act of 1956.
- The provisional or permanent MBBS registration certificate of the candidate must have been issued by the State Medical Council or the Medical Council of India.
- A candidate will be eligible only if they have completed at least one year of internship before 31st May 2022.
Any candidate who does not meet any of the above-mentioned criteria would be ineligible to take the NEET-PG 2022 Examination. If an ineligible candidate appears for the examination, their score will be cancelled.